Monday, November 5, 2012

It all comes down to finding your passion

I recently had a mini mid life crisis!

It all started with nearly chopped my finger off when making cookies. I was cheating by using the bamix, which of course, the butter and sugar churned through the blade. As I was flicking the mixture from the blade, my right hand slipped and turned it on. The only reason it stopped was because the blade hit my bone before my brain reacted.

Not good! I was rushed to a hand surgeon and placed in surgery. I had ripped my nerves and tendon on my index finger. I was on my back for a week on strong pain killers and unable to do anything except journal and watch cooking shows. Through the past three months with the healing of my finger, the physio, the exercises and learning to use it's full function, I have also had downtime to reconsider where my life was heading.

I was eager to rediscover my food passion after having a break for a few years, however, was not clear on my path. I knew that I could never go back to catering on large scales as I did before, however, I did know that I wanted to bring beautful fresh food into people's lives and affect them with education, taste and enjoyment.

It's funny how life rolls out the plans for you, but only when you stop trying to take control. From imaginining and thinking about how this new path would form, signs appeared to validate I was on the right track.

And this is how "Foods Lovers Meal Program" was born. I was approached by several influencial business women who I had met at different stages during the year for my own health. I was asked to create meals for clients based on their blood type as well as conduct cooking classes and education on creating these meals.

Following from these discussions, I was also asked by our own fitness training clients (we also own a Group Training Business and opening "The Training Club" in Feb 2013) to provide them with the same meal plan.

To be working with such dynamic, educated, passionate women is a true blessing. They are the experts and I am the cook. Life has made a full circle, this is where I started over 10 years ago and this is where I start again.

I am really excited to share this journey with you and I aspire to making a difference in your cooking life along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment